This highly popular 30-hour IV Certification course meets the requirements of the Florida State Board of Nursing for certification of LPNs to administer IV therapy. It also serves as a welcome update for RNs who have been out of clinical practice for a while and want to improve and enhance their IV skills. Divided into 18 home study hours followed by 16 classroom hours (12 Contact Hours), the course consists of both theory and actual practice sessions.
Subjects covered include:
- fluid and electrolyte balance
- blood transfusion therapy
- IV medication administration (including dosage calculations)
- care and use of central lines
Some of the Objectives Include:
- Compare and contrast the RN and LPN scope of practice for IV therapy in the state of Florida.
- Discuss the care and maintenance of three different types of central venous lines.
- Demonstrate in simulated practice the starting and maintaining of peripheral IVs with IV Pump administration.
Who Should Attend:
LPNs & RNs